Geo-Multiphysics Research Consortium
GMRC is an industry-funded research group formed in 1999 within the Department of Geophysics at the Colorado School of Mines. Since then, GMRC has remained a leading research consortium in the fields of gravity, gravity gradiometry, and magnetics geophysics. Our current sponsors include a broad participation of petroleum and mining companies, service companies, and instrument developers.
- Focus on exploration geophysics and production monitoring
- Develop methods for processing gravity, magnetic, electrical and EM data
- Develop inversion methodologies
- Feasibility and case studies to understand application issues
- Transfer resulting technology to sponsors
To maximize the value of GMRC, we have designed the consortium to bring together the leading experts and companies from all aspects of the energy field. Presentations, discussions and collaborations routinely occur between the members of the consortium who include:
- Mines faculty and students in research, development and application of exploration and production geophysics
- Leading instrumentation developers of past and next generation sensors and platforms
- Leading service providers with interest, experience and recommendations for new algorithms and instrumentation
- Petroleum and mining companies with immediate need for valuable new technologies
This broad, yet interconnected and complemental group has led to highly productive and cutting-edge research and development year after year related to exploration and monitoring.
Teck Resources Limited